Friday, May 4, 2018

Leaving Bali and a brief sojourn to Singapore

Leaving was a difficult task as it was a lot of fun from my days at the surf camp to my days of leisure in my Bali Dreams Guesthouse. The guesthouse wasn't made of dreams, but all the other guests were nice and they did feed us and give us drinks for free one evening. I think the free food and booze was for them to create promotional photos of the good times! 

The days were fun as I made friends! Shout outs to Jason and Stefan in particular. I met Jason as we both were craving bahn mi sandwiches and was followed by good conversation on various topics. We agreed we would hangout another night with some of his friends and I had a blast with him. He's a solid guy and if you ever find yourself in the need of an ER doctor in the Bronx, you can tell him Cary sent you. Stefan is another friend I met at surf camp and immediately struck up conversation about music and would hangout with him until he graduated to intermediate level surfing.

Jason took me under his wing one night.


After leaving Bali I met up with Aina in Singapore before we would head out to Borneo. It was good to be back with Aina and it also gave us the chance to see my former roommate from 3705 in DC, Jessica!

I hadn't seen Jessica in nearly five years and it was nice to see her for a quick breakfast. We are hoping we can hang more when we swing back through at the end of May.



Before our flight we managed to somehow squeeze in a visit to the Cloud Forest at the Gardens by the bay. It was gorgeous there and we are hoping to spend more time there also when we are back in Singapore. 

Here is what we saw at the Cloud Forest.







No comments:

Post a Comment