Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Kyoto: Bamboo Groove and Tenryu-ji Temple

Cary asked me to write today´s post and although he says this is our blog it is more his than ours and I am OK with that! I actually wanted an Instagram :P

Today we woke up very early and headed to Arashiyama which I think it is actually a suburb from Kyoto City. This neighborhood is actually known by tourists for the place you go to take pictures surrounded by bamboo and so we couldn´t be any different.



I was actually a bit unimpressed as the bamboo area was not as large as I thought but  it was pretty nice although full of people wanting to take the best shot: by themselves. This last point is just as critical - also for me - as it is difficult. You don´t wan a random face spoiling your picture. I understand...

We also visited two more sighseeing points in the area. A beautiful private Japanese garden where we were offered a green tea, and a UNESCO World Heritage temple of Tenryu-ji. Here some pics of both.







Cary also wanted me to include this photo he found funny.



Although we are techbically not yet in cherry blossom season we get to see some blooms here and there and it is actually very nice to see their colors and feel their smell. I am sure it must be gorgeous if you can visit in April, but I cannot image how difficult it has to be with crowds everywhere and also paying premium because "´tis the season".



Another fact is that we are encountering a lot of national tourists and a loads of young girls dressed with traditional gowns that take pictures everywhere. It is nice to see them as they go so well with the landscape but the selfie game is strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment