Saturday, March 31, 2018

Planning Travels in Indonesia

We have learned so much so quickly.

Current Indonesia Route / Plan: Java - Kupang - Flores - Sulawesi

I am sure you are thinking the same as I am. You are going to travel a lot, better book tickets. We spent an evening learning the ropes.

I want to introduce another friend we made on this trip, Lion Air Customer Support Representative Mary.

I first spoke to Mary after trying for a fair amount of time to book tickets through the Lion Air website. My card kept being declined by the site and I called my card company to determine what might be the problem and if it was blocked. They assured me there was no problem on their end. After briefly speaking with Mary and explaining the challenge (you're welcome, Davide) she suggested I try making the purchase through one of the travel sites, as Lion Air did not accept foreign credit cards online (odd, right?). I try the suggested site, but it doesn't work so I call Mary back again and she now suggests I try a different travel agency at first and then suggests another travel site and proceeds to start saying "http.." and I was starting to question Mary's version of customer support.

Again it doesn't work and I call Mary again and she explains that those sites do not accept foreign cards either probably. This would have been helpful 30 minutes ago, Mary. I really want to purchase these tickets though and push Mary asking what we can do and again she suggests a travel agency. I ask, "So they can book the flight and I can pay with the credit card?". Mary at this point explains she isn't sure if the other airline will accept the credit card. To clarify, when Mary had suggested I try another travel agency earlier Mary had meant to try a different airline. I think this is my first experience of a company suggesting a competitor. I have to explain to Mary that I really wanted the tickets with Lion Air and didn't want to book with another airline. She suggests that she book them for me over the phone. Yes, Mary! Yes, this is what we wanted. It takes another 30 minutes of spelling names and getting flight information. We did it ! We booked tickets! Mary then drops the hammer. Mr. Lewis you will need to pay for these tickets in cash by 8AM tomorrow morning at the Alfamart (think 7-11).

We had to cancel the tickets as we already had plans for the morning and wouldn't be able to get enough money out before 8AM.

We now purchases all our flights for Indonesia at the airport :).


No comments:

Post a Comment